happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you.
Information We CollectI
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
i. Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
ii. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
iii. Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Use of Your Information
i. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
i. To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
ii. To meet our contractual commitments to you.
iii. To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
ii. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
iii. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
iv. If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
v. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area for processing and storing. Also, it may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area who work for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff maybe engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
General Data Protection Regulations
Under GDPR you have the following specific rights in respect of the personal data we process:
i. The right to be informed about how we use personal data.
iii. The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and will be provided within one month of receipt.
iv. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold on you, please write to us and provide us with your details or email; email@example.com
v. The right to rectification where data is inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request.
vi. The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where we have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
vii. The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data but will not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
viii. The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
ix. The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirement to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics, unless this is necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
x. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please contact our Privacy Officer firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the GDPR and your rights under data protection law or if you have a complaint about data protection
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does International Metals and Cable Recycling use?
1. For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data that lists which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
2. Our marketing emails may contain a single, campaign-unique "web beacon pixel" totell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for determining which of our emails are more interesting to users in order to improve the content of our emails over time.
3. We use third parties, including Google Analytics, to collect anonymous user information.
4. When you visit the International Metals and Cable Recycling’s websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to International Metals and Cable Recycling. When you visit one of our pages that contains embedded content, for example if you’d like to watch a video hosted on YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We have no control over the setting of these cookies. If cookies concern you, we would recommend you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
5. Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly.
6. You can turn cookies off but please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly. You will, however, still be able to view site content. For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Measuring website usage (Google analytics)
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use our websites. We do this to make sure we are meeting the users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. They do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.